The Kimberley Arts Council – Centre 64, with the support of Service Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs 2019 program, is seeking 2 goal-oriented individuals to fill 2 Cultural Programming Assistant positions this upcoming summer.
- Assisting several committees, including visual arts, performing arts, Kimberley Summer Playhouse Summer Theatre, Kimberley First Saturdays and Kimberley Kaleidoscope Festival in preparation and execution of cultural events.
- Conducting our Creative Kids Summer Art Classes, Fashion Camp and Theatre Camp and assisting instructors.
- Assisting administration with marketing and outreach activities, facility maintenance and administrative tasks.
- Working knowledge of computers and the internet.
- Competent oral and written skills.
- Successful experience in working with children and the general public.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, individually and as a team member.
- 30 hours per week, including some evening and weekend shifts.
- 8 weeks between June 25 and August 24.
Positions are available to youth aged 15 to 30 only.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter by Saturday, May 18, 2019, to Christine Besold, Administrator, by dropping it off in person at Centre 64, 64 Deer Park Avenue, Kimberley, BC, during regular opening hours or mailing it to Centre 64, 64 Deer Park Ave. Kimberley, BC, V1A2J2.
The Kimberley Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. However, only applicants under consideration for an interview will be contacted.