“Unframed” Open Exhibition
Ongoing Gallery Exhibition
January 2-26 | Tuesday–Saturday | 1-5 pm | Centre 64 Gallery | by donation
Exhibition Opening Reception
January 5 | 2-4 pm | Centre 64 Gallery
Show us what “UNFRAMED” means to you!
This exhibition will not only allow artists to enter unframed pieces but we would like to encourage artists to also interpret the exhibition title loosely. Artworks in any medium will be accepted.
- Artists may enter a maximum of 3 pieces appropriately “UNFRAMED” (can be mounted)
- There will be no hanging fee for members of the Kimberley Arts Council-Centre 64.
- Non-members will be required to pay a fee of $25.
- The deadline for entries is December 22, 2018
- Entries should be delivered to Centre 64 between 1pm and 5pm on or before December 22, 2018.
- A 30% commission will be charged by Kimberley Arts Council – Centre 64 on all artworks sold while on display in the “UNFRAMED” open art exhibition.
- Following the exhibition, artworks should be picked up from Kimberley Arts at Centre 64 after 4 pm on Saturday, January 26, 2019 or by arrangement with the administrator at Centre 64.
A public reception will be held from 2pm to 4pm on Saturday, January 5, 2019. Invitations for artists to send out to guests may be picked up from Centre 64 when submitting entries.
Please note: While normally we would only accept hanging artworks being equipped with proper hanging hardware and appropriately mounted and framed for display, this exhibition will be exempt from these requirements.
Three dimensional pieces should still come with any required supporting equipment, but hanging pieces DO NOT have to be framed to be able to enter them. As a matter of fact, they should be UNFRAMED.
Paintings should be pressed and can be stretched on frames. The gallery committee reserves the right to reject submitted artworks not considered to be of sufficiently high technical standard or to be inadequately presented for this exhibition.
Exhibiting artists are responsible for insuring their artworks while on exhibition at Kimberley Arts at Centre 64. Kimberley Arts Council – Centre 64 cannot be responsible for loss of or damage to artworks while on exhibition at Centre 64.
For more information and the entry form contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-427-4919